From Our Kitchen to Yours!
Thai Sweet & Spicy Shrimp is one of the most popular dishes served at The Terraces.
We’re so happy to share our recipe so you can make it at home and see why our residents rave about it!
Thai Sweet & Spicy Shrimp
Serving Size 8 Shrimp per entrée
Yield: 8 Entrée portions
Cook Time : 3-5 minutes
Cook Temperature : 350 oil
- 3 Lbs. Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined, Tail Ooff 21/25
- 2 ¼ Cups Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 Cups Mayonnaise
- ¾ Cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Siracha
- Oil for Frying
- Chive Oil for Garnish
- Siracha for Garnish
- ½ Cup Chives, Chopped Fine, Fresh
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, and sriracha and stir. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, add the shrimp and buttermilk to coat all the shrimp.
- In a third bowl, place the cornstarch.
- Dredge the buttermilk-soaked shrimp into the cornstarch and place in the fryer.
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp registers 140 F.
- Toss the shrimp in the sauce and garnish with chive oil, chives, and sriracha.
Want more information about The Terraces at Bonita Springs?